1. Can I pay anyone through Online Bill Pay?
Yes, anyone in the U.S. can be paid through Bill Pay.
2. Can I pay any merchant electronically through the Bill Pay Service?
Only if a merchant is on the electronic payee database can they be paid electronically. If the merchant is not in the electronic payee database, payments are then paid by paper check.
3. How can I tell if a payee can be paid by paper check or electronically?
After you have set up your payee, it will appear in your payee list. The payee list will indicate which payees will be paid electronically.
4. When will a scheduled payment be made if it falls over a weekend or on a holiday?
It will be paid on the Friday before the weekend or the last working day before a holiday.
5. Are there any limits on payment amounts?
There are no dollar limits on payments. You are limited only by the amount of funds in your account.
6. Is there a limit to the number of payees I can set up?
No, you can set up as many payees as you need.
7. Is there a limit on the number of accounts I can pay from through Bill Pay?
No, you can use as many eligible transaction accounts as you need to make payments from.
8. When setting up a payment is the memo field passed on to the payee?
Yes, your memo will appear only on paper check payments, however, the memo will not appear on payments which are processed electronically.
9. How can I get a copy of a cancelled check?
Within your account history inside Online Banking, you can click on the check detail and a copy of the check will be provided, if payment was made via a paper check.
10. Can a payment be stopped?
You can only stop payments made by paper checks after the check has been printed and mailed. You can get the check number by using the payment history. However, dates and amounts of scheduled payments can be changed if the payment has not yet been processed.
11. Can I postdate payments?
You can schedule payments to pay at any date in the future.
12. Should I set up a payment in advance to make sure it is paid on time? If so, how far in advance?
Allow 3 business days for an electronic payment from the day it is submitted. Allow 5 to 7 business days for a paper check payment from the date it is submitted. Remember, we have no control over the U.S. mail. Bill Pay will provide the earliest day a payment can be made when setting up a payment.
13. On a shceduled recurring payment when is the best time to change the amount?
The next business day after the scheduled payment date.
14. Questions regarding how or why a payment has been processed through Bill Pay?
Highland Federal cannot answer these questions. They must be sent directly to Bill Pay. Within the Bill Pay site, you can send an inquiry directly to Bill Pay for research. Following are the steps you should take to submit and inquiry:
- Located at the Bottom of the "Recent Payments" list,
click View Bill History.
- At the end of the Bill in question, click View Details.
- At the Bottom of page, click Payment Inquiry.
- Complete all of the questions and click Send Inquiry.