We proudly offer a MasterCard Debit card. This card can be used instead of writing checks or carrying cash. The MasterCard Debit card works like a check because it is deducted from your checking account, but has the convenience of a credit card. MasterCard is widely accepted, so whether you are shopping Online, pumping gas, or just needing some quick cash, this card lets you do all this and more. The MasterCard Debit card is available with most of our checking accounts, with no annual fee. To obtain a MasterCard Debit card you will need to come in to one of our offices and see an Account Representative for an application. The application will be reviewed for approval based on your account relationship and history.
Lost or stolen Debit Card?
In the event your debit card is lost or stolen, please call our office at (931) 484-6178 during regular business hours, or for after business hour assistance call 1-833-933-1681.
Get your Debit card while you wait! The card will be active and you can choose your own PIN number. (A fee may apply)
Debit Card Details
HIGHLAND FEDERAL SAVINGS & LOAN ASSOCIATION
DEBIT CARDHOLDER INFORMATION
This is NOT a credit card. This is a Debit card. The MasterCard symbol is on this card to let you know that you can pay for purchases from your checking account with your debit card anywhere that accepts MasterCard DEBIT cards. Purchases can be made by entering your PIN number, or signing for the purchase if PIN based transactions are not accepted. The funds to pay for your purchase will then be debited from your checking account.
If you received a card at our Main Office from our Instant Issue service, then it is ready to use. If you received your card in the mail, it will not be activated. You will need to go to any MasterCard or Cirrus ATM to activate the card with the provided PIN. You may also change your PIN at a Highland Federal ATM, or call 1-833-998-4642.
WHAT YOUR CARD CAN DO
- You will not be charged for using your debit card for purchases if you have funds available to cover the transaction.
- You may use your card at any ATM that displays the CIRRUS or MASTERCARD logo.
- You may do the following transactions at an ATM: withdrawals, balance inquiries.
- You may use your card to pay for purchases from your checking account anywhere that accepts MasterCard debit card transactions.
- You may make purchases by phone or internet using your card.
KNOW YOUR LIMITS
- Your debit card has certain limits for your protection against fraud and theft.
- You may withdraw up to $300.00 per day at ATM’s.
- You may do up to $1000.00 in purchases per day.
- If the system is down you can only withdraw $200.00 per day and only do $200.00 in purchases per day.
PROTECT YOUR CARD AND ACCOUNT
- Never write your PIN on your card or where it is easily found.
- Protect your card just like your checkbook. If someone has your card they can use it just like they were writing checks from your account. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MISUSE OF YOUR CARD.
- REMEMBER TO ALWAYS POST YOUR WITHDRAWALS IN YOUR CHECK REGISTER. These amounts are deducted from your balance just like writing a check. Keep your receipts for balancing your account.
- If your card is lost or stolen, call us immediately. During normal business hours call us at 931-484-6178. If the card is lost after business hours call 1-833-933-1681. It is a good idea to have your card number written down in a safe place for purposes of reporting the card lost or stolen.
CHARGES FOR YOUR DEBIT CARD
You will be charged a transaction fee for using your debit card at a foreign ATM (one that is not owned by Highland Federal). You will be charged $1.00 by Highland Federal PLUS any additional surcharge that the other bank charges. Their ATM will identify their additional charges before your transaction and you will have the opportunity to stop the transaction if you do not want to pay the fees. If you continue the transaction BE SURE TO DEDUCT THE FEES FROM YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT BALANCE.